Thursday, July 30, 2015

I AM...



Today, I awoke feeling blessed.
  

  • I am blessed to be married to a man who holds me even in his sleep.
  • I am blessed to have three wonderful kids who are healthy and who like spending time with me (for the moment!)
  • I am blessed to have grown up in a loving family and have parents who were hard workers and who taught me how to enjoy working hard.
  • I am blessed to have a beautiful home to live in...with my own horses right next door.  
  • I am blessed to have dreams of mine come to fruition.
  • I am blessed to have good health and sleep soundly at night.
  • I am blessed to be able to read, type, do arithmetic, and form semi-coherent thoughts on things.
  • I am blessed to feel emotions  - joy, sadness, disappointment, you fill in the blank.
  • I am blessed to live in the United States of America.
  • I am blessed to have the freedom to choose and seek and explore my faith in God.



  • And the list goes on and on and on.


"I am..."  -- in the next moment...the feeling of being blessed and thankful could turn into...I am -- hungry. It could turn into...I am -- happy, overwhelmed, discombobulated...it could turn into...anything really.  Recognition of feelings and emotions.  I choose what to put after the statement "I am".  

Then I think about God stating He is the I AM.  I never really thought of it like this before.  I always thought of putting a noun his statement....not adjectives for some reason.  God stating He is the I AM --  could mean there is nothing that He isn't or hasn't been (with a noun afterwards).  But if I put an adjective after his I AM, that means there is no feeling He hasn't experienced.  No emotion unfelt.  So...if by chance my personal "I am" turns negative...He can relate.  When it turns positively positive (like this morning) ...He can relate.  


I am...grateful for that truth.  So...what do you choose to put after your "I am..." today?

No comments:

Post a Comment